How to Add Natural Elements to Your Home
Aug 11, 2022
What do you enjoy more, feeling the morning breeze as you stroll around your block or falling back into bed for one last cuddle with your ultra-fluffy Siberian? How do you choose between an afternoon picnic at the park or binge-watching your favourite Netflix show in your living room?
Why choose at all when you can have both! If you enjoy activities inside and out, there is no reason you can’t have the best of both worlds. Introducing natural elements into your home can be a simple solution to create a calming atmosphere in your home that will leave you never wanting to leave. Below are some ways to achieve this.
1. Crack a window
This is a simple, no-brainer, no-hassle way to bring a natural feel into your home. Bask in the sunshine while also enjoying the perks of natural AC. If the weather is too cold or too hot even with the window open, consider purchasing sheer curtains and raising the blinds. No matter what, make sure your windows have screen covers before opening them. After all, you don’t want to let too much of the outside in.
There are several different options when it comes to bringing greenery into your home. You could choose to go with a combination of the following:
- Bypass calling your neighbors to take care of your plants when you are out of town. You can go with fake plants if you want something with almost no responsibility, but you will want to make sure to dust them regularly.
- Become an official plant mom or dad! There are so many different kinds of plants that vary in look, size, and the amount of water and sunlight needed, so it’s almost guaranteed that there will be one that is right for you and your home. That being said, there are some precautions you will want to take to protect your floors from potential damage from indoor plants. You can learn more about that here.
- If plastic plants aren’t your vibe and you don’t want to commit to caring for a real plant, put out your favourite vases and fill them with the flowers of your choosing. This way, you can change up the look and feel of a room regularly by switching the type and colour of the flowers.
3. Natural flooring
Forgo grass and dirt; stay inside with natural flooring that provides comfort for your feet and is easy on the eyes.
- From the entry room to the bathroom, stone flooring can give your room an elevated, natural feel. The organic texture and colour of stone, as well as its inherent durability, make it an ideal choice for natural flooring.
- While there are now artificial versions of it, hardwood flooring is also a great option for natural flooring. It goes well in any room and complements your interior design rather than overpowering it.
- Purchase eco-friendly floors that are sustainably made through recycled materials or renewable resources. This is a surefire way to add natural elements into your home while also appreciating nature by protecting it. Check out our large array of eco-friendly flooring options that are well-suited for your home.
4. Earthy colour scheme
Natural elements are not limited to things found in nature; they can be added just by incorporating more green and brown shades into your home. We recommend searching different earth colour palettes on Pinterest until you find one tailored to both your taste and your home. From there, get knickknacks and furniture that matches the colours you love and enjoy the environment you make.
Naturally, there are many ways to add natural elements to your home. Find your local Flooring Canada to consult with an expert and seamlessly integrate natural elements.
Visualize Your Flooring Dreams
Want a preview of how new floors will look in your home? Try our room visualizer, My Floor Style. Upload a photo of your room, select your style preferences, and get a virtual look at each different flooring style. With My Floor Style, there are no surprises. Only beautiful new floors.